HP OfficeJet 4650 Wireless Printer Setup
The 123 HP com Oj4650 is a multifaceted device that is designed for home office printing. This All-In-One printer can scan, copy and fax besides printing. You can set up the printer wirelessly through the Wi-Fi without having to connect to a computer. You can also use the printer from two or more computers.
First, take the printer out of the box and in the package, you will find the following along with the printer:
- Black and tri-color cartridges no. 63
- Power cord
- Phone cord in case you want to use it to set up the fax
- CD for installing the printer
- Printer manual with instructions
From the box
- Remove all the blue tapes that you see in and around the printer. Open the lid of the scanner and you will find a Styrofoam sheet. Remove it, place it aside and close the scanner lid.
- Using the side handles to open the top cover and remove the piece of cardboard on the toner cartridge.
- Slide out the input tray and remove the blue tape and push it back into place.
- Now, plug the power cord, into the printer end and then into an outlet for power and then press the ‘Power’ button on the control panel to turn it on.
- The printer will start initializing. At the prompts, select your language and tap on ‘Yes’ to confirm.
- Select your Country / Region as ‘USA’ and tap ‘Yes’ again to confirm your choice
- You will also have to select the date and press on ‘Next’ for the ensuing menu
- On the next screen, you have to select the time and then press ‘Done’ to finish all your selections
Installing the ink cartridges
It is now time to install the ink cartridges at the prompt.
- Open the top cover and simultaneously remove the tri-color cartridges from their packaging.
- You will also have to take care to remove the protective tape from the cartridge by pulling the orange pull-tab from it.
- Lift the colored cartridge lid and place the accessory inside till you hear a snap.
- Place the tri-color cartridge on the left side and place the black cartridge on the right.
- Once you have completed loading the cartridges, close the lid and tap on ‘Ok’ on the control panel of the printer.
Loading the paper
- The prompt on the LCD will ask you to load paper into the input tray.
- At this time, open the paper input tray, extend the paper width guides and load a stack of A4-size papers into it.
- Adjust the widths accordingly, and slide the tray in.
- Select the option ‘Done’ on the control panel.
- You will see an alignment page printed, which has to be scanned from the scanner glass
- Close the scanner lid and tap ‘Ok’ to scan the document.
- The printer will scan the alignment page for some time and then you will get an ‘Alignment Successful’ message.
- Tap ‘Ok’ to prepare for online setup.
Printer Wireless setup – 123 hp com oj4650
- You have to setup the printer to a wireless network.
- On the control panel of the printer, you will notice a wireless icon, tap on it
- The ‘Wireless’ menu appears where you have to tap on the ‘Settings’ icon
- On the next page, tap on the ‘Wireless Setup Wizard’
- The printer will begin searching for wireless routers
- Select your network name and then tap on ‘Ok’
- Thereafter, just enter the password and click on ‘Done’
- Your wireless setup is complete
If you have any difficulties in executing the unboxing and the wireless setup of the 123 hp com OJ4650 printer, reach out to our backend team at +1-855-628-2520 to troubleshoot the issue.