123 HP Printer HP Scan Setup
The 123 HP Printer HP Scan Setup allows you to scan to a Network Folder. This is a fantastic feature which lets you easily scan the documents and photos to the folders listed in the network. For using this feature on the HP printer device (123.hp.com/setup) should be promptly connected to an internet connection. The folder rights should also be obtained to send documents over the network.
For getting started with the 123 HP Printer HP Scan Setup
- Before the scan is commenced, install the printer software.
- All the connected devices are to be turned on.
- Ensure photos are not loaded in the ADF. Always use the scanner glass to prevent damage to photos.
Before setting up the Scan to Network Folder feature, create a folder which enables you to send the scans to on the network. This folder’s security feature has to be actually shared for all the users to make use of this network.
Follow these steps to finish setting up your network folder:
- Open the software and choose the option “Scan to Network Folder Wizard”
- Now, click the New option to create a network path.
- Click and choose your network folder, and then click ok. The network folder thus becomes the destination folder. You can select the properties, for seeing the security
- From the display field, you can get the folder name by typing it. The list of folder names is usually listed in the printer control panel to select the necessary printers.
- Choose the option Share Path, and then add the new button
- You can type the display name in the Share Name field
- Click on the browse option, and choose the destination folder
- Click the option Apply, and then choose the Share Name option
- A security PIN is required to restrict access to this folder
- With your Windows User Name and Password, you can set the administrative rights for the server or the PC, that hosts the network folder.
- Save the settings to complete this configuration of 123 HP Printer HP Scan Setup