HP Deskjet 2540 not printing Issue
Replace the ink cartridges in your printer to eliminate the HP Deskjet 2540 not printing issue.
Immediate resolutions include:
- First, make sure that your cartridge is fully empty before replacing it.
- Second, you may find that both cartridges will not dry out at the same time.
- So before planning for a replacement, check the ink levels in both your cartridges by doing test prints.
Steps to remove the cartridge from the printer
To resolve the HP Deskjet 2540 not printing issue, remove the old cartridge from your printer first.
- Switch on your printer and make sure it has a paper in the paper tray
- There is a cartridge access door on the front side which should then be opened
- Wait until the cartridge comes to the center after moving from the side
- Once the movement has stopped, press down and remove the cartridge that is empty
You can reuse the same cartridge by refilling it (which is cost-effective) or buy a newer one (in most cases a little expensive).
Steps to install a cartridge into the printer
Take out the cartridge from the package
Here are the steps to install the cartridge
- Assuming that you have the cartridge access door still open, begin to insert the cartridge.
- With the copper side facing back, insert the cartridge into its specified slot with a gentle push.
- The left slot is for the tri-color cartridge and the right one corresponds to the black cartridge.
- You will hear a small snapping sound once the cartridge is in its right place.
- Replace both the cartridges if necessary.
- Make sure you do not touch the copper side of the cartridge at any time.
- Touching the copper contacts will lead to issues such as ink failure, ink clogs or some bad electrical connections.
- So handle it with care and handle it only by touching the sides.
Thus by following the above-mentioned steps (123.hp.com/setup), you can eliminate the HP Deskjet 2540 not printing issue. For further queries on the subject, contact our support team on our toll-free number +1-855-628-2520 for assistance. For more information visit us at 123-hp-com-support.com