HP Printer Offline Windows 10
The HP printer offline windows 10 issue is common amongst printers and can be solved easily. The solutions to this issue include,
- Connection status and printer reset
- Default printer settings
- Manual connection
- Firmware updates
- HP Print and Scan Doctor
- HP Printer Assistant
Connection status and printer reset
- Purchase a good quality Ethernet cable and connect it to your computer and router (123.hp.com/setup)
- In case of a USB connection, make sure the USB cable is connected to the printer and the computer.
- Make sure that the lights on the printer are shows a steady green light and a blinking orange light.
- If it is a wireless connection, then access the SETTINGS menu to turn ON the WIRELESS SIGNAL STRENGTH.
- To reset the printer, disconnect the power cord from the supply source and wait for a minute.
- Reconnect the power cord to check if the printer is back online.
Default printer settings
- If you recently added a new printer to your computer and you are facing the HP printer offline windows 10, then the existing printer might have lost the status of the default printer.
- To overcome the issue, go to the DEVICES AND PRINTERS menu on your computer.
- Find the icon for your old printer.
- Right-click on the icon and select the SET AS DEFAULT PRINTER option.
- Now, check if your printer is online.
- If it is still offline, then proceed to the next step.
- This method is for connecting your printer to your computer using a USB connection.
- This way, the computer establishes a manual IP address.
- And the printer will not go offline.
- Make sure that the automatic updates for your printer are turned ON in your computer.
- If not, manually update the firmware to resolve this issue.
Print and Scan Doctor
- The software will automatically resolve issue if it is supported by a Windows 10 operating system.
- Follow the instructions that appear on your computer screen and do a test print to make sure that the problem was resolved
HP Printer Assistant
- Access the DEVICE AND PRINTERS menu on your computer.
- Right-click on the printer icon corresponding to your printer and select the REMOVE DEVICE option.
- Open the HP Printer Assistant app and search for your printer to add your printer.
- Now, you can try printing using this app.
Thus you will be able to resolve the HP Printer offline windows 10 issue. To know more information about hp printer offline windows 10 call our toll-free number +1-855-628-2520 or visit us at 123-hp-com-support.com